The Los Angeles Lakers (11-22) can end a six-game home losing streak when they challenge the Los Angeles Clippers (14-19) at Staples Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017, and it can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Free Preview
The Clippers easily got past the Sacramento Kings in their last matchup, 122-95. With 13 points and 15 rebounds, DeAndre Jordan put together a good outing for the Clippers. The Clippers made 21 of their 27 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.623 (above their season average of 0.513).
The last time the Lakers played, they were blown out by the Memphis Grizzlies, 109-99. Brandon Ingram led the Lakers in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-20 shooting. The Grizzlies did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (34-39; 87.2 percent). The Lakers, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7 (above their season average of 23.5).
Of the Clippers 33 games, 16 have finished over the projected point total, while 18 of the Lakers 33 games have finished over the O/U total. The Clippers have the superior straight up (SU) record (14-19 vs. 11-22) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (17-15-1 vs. 16-17).
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Clippers winning both. In the most recent matchup, Lou Williams scored a game-high 42 points and the Clippers beat the Lakers 120-115, covering as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 235 points, which was 18 points above the projected point total of 217 points. The Clippers 0.329 free throw rate was their largest advantage over the Lakers, who had a mark of 0.176.
Los Angeles Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Lakers average 16.0 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the league. The Clippers rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- The Lakers average 46.6 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Clippers rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (43.8).
- The Lakers rank 10th in assists per game (22.9) while the Clippers rank 25th (20.6).
- The Lakers rank 10th in steals per game (8.3) while the Clippers rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- When reaching 100 points, the Clippers are 12-12 and the Lakers are 11-13.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the Clippers 18 road games, while 10 of the Lakers 17 home games have gone over.
- The Lakers are 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, the Clippers are 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).