A 12-game home winning streak is on the line for the Houston Rockets (53-14), who will be 11.5-point favorites when they welcome the Los Angeles Clippers (37-29) to Toyota Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 224.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Rockets defeated the San Antonio Spurs 109-93, while the Clippers beat the Chicago Bulls 112-106.
The Clippers made 30 of their 41 free throws (73.2 percent) and held the Bulls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.460 (below the 0.515 mark opponents have averaged against Los Angeles this season). Meanwhile, Houston dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (above their season average of 21.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.555). San Antonio was 14.6 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats. James Harden was a key piece for Houston with 28 points, six rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Los Angeles was led by DeAndre Jordan, who finished with 29 points, 18 rebounds and five assists.
The aggressive Houston offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. The Rockets rank first in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.242, while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.208).
A little over half of the Clippers’ games have finished over the projected point total. Los Angeles comes into the contest with records of 37-29 straight up (SU) and 36-29-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Los Angeles, just over half of Rockets games have finished under the total. Additionally, Houston is 53-14 SU and 36-30-1 ATS.
Jordan and Tobias Harris have played well over the last five games for Los Angeles. Jordan has averaged 19.2 rebounds and 15.0 points per game, while Harris has recorded 22.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks a game during that span.
In the season series between these two teams, the Clippers lead two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 197 points, well under the projected point total of 229.5. Los Angeles lost 105-92, covering as an 8.5-point underdog. Houston out-rebounded Los Angeles. The Rockets had 10 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Clippers had four and 39, respectively. Clint Capela recorded a double-double with 22 points and 14 rebounds.
Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.1) while the Rockets rank 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.8).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (51.0) while Houston ranks 27th (41.3).
- The Rockets rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while the Clippers rank 26th (5.3).
- Houston ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while Los Angeles ranks 20th (43.8).
- Houston ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while Los Angeles ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- The Rockets average 8.7 steals per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Clippers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Rockets rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while the Clippers rank last (15.1).
- Houston averages 42.2 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- Houston is 25-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 11-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Clippers are 35-19 and the Rockets are 51-11.
- Los Angeles is 20-11-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 13-18-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 17 of the Rockets’ 32 home games, while 16 of the Clippers’ 32 road games have gone over.
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Houston has 4 unders and 1 over, while Los Angeles has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 9.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 116.0 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average).