The Los Angeles Clippers (38-34), 8.5-point underdogs, will travel to Air Canada Centre to clash with the Toronto Raptors (54-19). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225.5 points and it will air on The Sports Network at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Raptors defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 116-112, while the Clippers were beaten by the Indiana Pacers, 109-104.
Toronto dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 23.4) and a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.207). Brooklyn recorded marks of 11.6 and 0.226, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.528). Toronto rallied around Kyle Lowry, who recorded his second triple-double this year. He took over, registering 25 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds. Lou Williams, meanwhile had a good game for Los Angeles, putting up 27 points and 10 assists.
Toronto appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Raptors rank third in offensive efficiency, while Los Angeles ranks 17th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Clippers, who rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.224), could get to the line a ton against the Raptors, who rank 25th in opponents FTA rate (0.213).
Of the Clippers 72 games, 39 have finished over the projected point total. Los Angeles heads into the contest with records of 38-34 straight up (SU) and 38-33-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors 73 games, 38 have finished over the total. Further, Toronto is 54-19 SU and 40-33 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, DeAndre Jordan led the Clippers to a 96-91 victory. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 17 rebounds. The two teams combined to score 187 points, which was well under the projected point total of 214.5, and Los Angeles covered as a 6-point underdog. Los Angeles won the rebounding battle. The Clippers had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. three), defensive rebounds (43 vs. 40) and total rebounds (57 vs. 43).
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Toronto Raptors Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (17.8) while the Clippers rank 18th (16.2).
- Toronto averages 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while the Clippers rank 22nd (30.2).
- Toronto ranks sixth in assists per game (24.1) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Los Angeles averages 51.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the league. Toronto ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- The Raptors rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while the Clippers rank 26th (8.5).
- The Clippers average 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Raptors rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- Toronto averages 43.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Toronto averages 13.6 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks last in fast break points allowed per game (15.1).
- Los Angeles is 11-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Toronto is 25-5.
- The Raptors are 50-12 when they reach the century mark, while the Clippers are 36-23.
- Los Angeles is 22-14-1 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 19-17 ATS at home.
- The Clippers have 19 overs and 18 unders in 37 road games.
- In 36 home games, the Raptors have 18 overs and 18 unders.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles and Toronto have both had 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Clippers are 1-4 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 0-5.
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 117.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.4 points per game (11.2 above their season average).