The Orlando Magic (11-17) will be at home in Amway Center when they take on the Los Angeles Clippers (10-15). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Orlando Magic Odds Preview
The Clippers beat the Toronto Raptors in their last game, 96-91. With 14 points and 17 rebounds, Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan played well. The Clippers held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.5 (below their season average of 22.2) and had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 13.3).
In the Magic’s last matchup, they were beaten by the Atlanta Hawks, 117-110. With 31 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists, Nikola Vucevic led the way for Orlando with his zeroth triple-double of the season. Atlanta did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-25; 72.0 percent). Orlando, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.2 vs. 11.7).
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Magic will look to push the more half-court-oriented Clippers. The Magic currently rank seventh in possessions per game while the Clippers are 20th.
Of Los Angeles 25 games, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 15 of Orlando’s 28 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (10-15 for Los Angeles; 11-17 for Orlando), but the Clippers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles is 11-14 ATS, while the Magic are 11-16-1.
The Clippers Lou Williams (23.8 points and 7.4 assists) and Jordan (16.6 rebounds and 12.6 points) have been playing at a high level over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Magic have received great contributions from Vucevic (18.6 points, 12.0 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.4 blocks) and Jonathon Simmons (17.0 points and 5.2 rebounds).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Clippers won both contests last season. In the last matchup, Los Angeles won 105-96. The Clippers played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 and a free throw rate of 0.237. The Magic had marks of 13.0 and 0.130, respectively, for those same stats.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Clippers average 43.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Magic rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while Orlando ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- Orlando averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Los Angeles ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Orlando averages 30.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (28.4).
- Orlando is 4-8 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 5-7 ATS on the road.
- Of the Clippers 12 road games, they have 7 unders and 5 overs.
- The Magic have 6 overs and 6 unders in 12 home games.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Los Angeles is 6-1 and Orlando is 5-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Magic are 11-10 and the Clippers are 8-11.
- The Magic average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 25th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Orlando ranks fourth in assists per game (23.9) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (20.4).
- The Clippers rank seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while the Magic rank 29th (49.5).
- The Magic average 10.9 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Clippers rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- Los Angeles averages 14.0 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Orlando ranks 27th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Orlando is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 100.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.2 points per game (matching their season average).