The Memphis Grizzlies (17-30) will be at home in FedExForum when they meet the Los Angeles Clippers (23-24). Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Clippers were beaten by the Boston Celtics in their last outing, 113-102. Los Angeles Blake Griffin had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Boston forced the Clippers into a turnover percentage of 16.5 (above their season average of 13.2). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.342 (above their season average of 0.225).
The last time the Grizzlies played, they were topped by the San Antonio Spurs, 108-85. Marc Gasol was the games high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. San Antonio made good use of their 25 trips to the charity stripe, making 22 of them (88.0 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, was 11-14 (78.6 percent).
The physical Memphis offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this showdown. The Grizzlies currently rank eighth in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.220, while Los Angeles is among the leagues most foul-prone squads (giving up a 26th-ranked FTA rate of 0.216).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Los Angeles have finished over 57.4 percent of the time, while Memphis games have finished under 57.4 percent of the time. The Clippers hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 23-24 SU and 25-21-1 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 17-30 SU and 20-25-2 ATS.
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Grizzlies leading the series two games to one. In the most recent contest, Lou Williams scored a game-high 33 points and the Clippers defeated the Grizzlies 113-105, covering as 6-point favorites. He also recorded six assists. The two teams combined to put up 218 points, which was 12.5 points above the projected point total of 205.5 points. Los Angeles was effective at getting and making free throws. The Clippers made 26 of their 31 free throws (83.9 percent), while the Grizzlies were just 21-33 (63.6 percent).
Los Angeles Clippers at Memphis Grizzlies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Clippers rank third in points in the paint per game (49.0) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (42.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in rebounds per game (43.1) while Memphis ranks 28th (40.3).
- Los Angeles averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Memphis ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Los Angeles is 12-9-1 ATS on the road with 12 overs and 10 unders.
- Memphis is 11-14-1 ATS at home with 17 unders and 9 overs.
- Memphis is 11-9 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 10-2.
- The Clippers are 21-17 when they reach 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 12-10.
- The Grizzlies rank 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.3) while the Clippers rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Memphis ranks seventh in fast break points per game (13.8) while Los Angeles ranks 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.6).
- The Grizzlies rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Clippers rank 24th (8.5).
- The Clippers rank 22nd in assists per game (21.8) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (20.7).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Memphis ranks 24th (10.8).
- Memphis is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Grizzlies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.0 points per game (6.4 above their season average).