The Dallas Mavericks (5-17) will be at home in American Airlines Center when they square off with the Los Angeles Clippers (8-12). Dallas opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 207 points. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks Odds Preview
In the Clippers last game, they lost big to the Utah Jazz, 126-107. Austin Rivers had a solid performance for Los Angeles, leading the team in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Utah forced the Clippers into a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 13.5). Los Angeles, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-30; 70.0 percent).
The Mavericks are hoping for a better outcome after their 109-104 loss to the Brooklyn Nets in their last game. Harrison Barnes led Dallas in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Brooklyn had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 21.6). Dallas, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-21; 81.0 percent).
Los Angeles should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Clippers currently rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while Dallas ranks 20th in defensive efficiency.
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the projected point total. The Clippers have the superior straight up (SU) record (8-12 vs. 5-17) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (8-12 vs. 8-14).
Dirk Nowitzki has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Dallas, averaging 12.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 217 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 207.5. The Clippers won 119-98, covering as 11-point favorites. The Clippers played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.308 and a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.609. For those same stats, the Mavericks recorded marks of 0.180 and 0.461, respectively. In the victory, Blake Griffin led all scorers with 20 points.
Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank third in three pointers attempted per game (33.0) while the Clippers rank 14th (29.6).
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in blocks per game (4.3) while Dallas ranks 27th (3.4).
- Los Angeles averages 43.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Dallas ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Dallas ranks seventh in second chance points allowed per game (10.6).
- Dallas is 4-9 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 4-6 ATS on the road.
- Of the Clippers 10 road games, they have 6 unders and 4 overs.
- The Mavericks have 6 overs, 6 unders and 1 push in 13 home games.
- When allowing under 100 points, Dallas is 5-4 and Los Angeles is 5-1.
- The Mavericks are 3-7 when they reach 100 points, while the Clippers are 7-9.
- The Clippers average 9.6 fast break points per game, which ranks 18th in the league. The Mavericks rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.7).
- Los Angeles ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (46.8) while Dallas ranks last (36.9).
- The Clippers rank 12th in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Mavericks rank 29th (14.3).
- The Mavericks rank 22nd in assists per game (21.2) while the Clippers rank 27th (20.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in steals per game (8.2) while Dallas ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Dallas is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Mavericks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).