The Brooklyn Nets (19-38), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Los Angeles Clippers (28-26) to Barclays Center. Los Angeles is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 218 points. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Los Angeles Clippers at Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
The Clippers were beaten by the Philadelphia 76ers in their last game, 112-98. DeAndre Jordan had a good game for Los Angeles, contributing 10 points and 21 rebounds. Philadelphia had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 15.0). Los Angeles, on the other hand, held the 76ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 25.6).
The last time the Nets played, they were defeated by the New Orleans Pelicans, 138-128. With 24 points and 10 assists, Spencer Dinwiddie had a solid outing for Brooklyn. New Orleans had a free throw rate of 0.236 (above their season average of 0.195). Brooklyn, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 21.7).
The physical Los Angeles offense could be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. The Clippers currently rank fifth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.222, while Brooklyn ranks 22nd in FTA rate allowed (0.205).
Of Los Angeles 54 games, 27 have finished over the projected point total, while 31 of Brooklyn’s 57 games have finished under the projected point total. The Clippers have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (28-26 vs. 19-38), but the Nets have been better against the spread (ATS) (33-23-1 vs. 29-24-1).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Clippers, it’s been Danilo Gallinari, who has averaged 21.6 points and 5.2 rebounds, while the Nets have received great contributions from Dinwiddie (17.8 points, 8.6 assists and 1.2 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Nets won the last game 127-122. The Nets played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 and a solid turnover percentage of 9.8. The Clippers recorded marks of 0.156 and 10.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank third in points in the paint per game (49.3) while the Nets rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 15th in blocks per game (4.8) while Brooklyn ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (6.1).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in assists per game (22.5) while Los Angeles ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Los Angeles is 15-10-1 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 15-12-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 14 of the Clippers 26 road games, while 15 of the Nets 28 home games have gone under.
- Brooklyn is 11-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 11-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Nets are 15-24 and the Clippers are 26-17.
- The Clippers rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Nets rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in fast break points allowed per game (10.8) while Los Angeles ranks 29th (14.6).
- The Nets average 45.4 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Clippers rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- The Clippers rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while the Nets rank 29th (14.1).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.2) while Los Angeles ranks 20th (29.7).
- Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average).