The Los Angeles Clippers (1-3), 14-point underdogs, will attempt to extend the series when they travel to ORACLE Arena to meet the Golden State Warriors (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 235 points and it will air on FSN Prime Ticket at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
In game four, Durant led the Warriors to a 113-105 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 33 points. Golden State was unable to cover as a 9.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 218 points, which was well under the projected point total of 236. Golden State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 9.5). Los Angeles, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (24-32; 75.0 percent).
Of the Clippers’ 86 games, 47 have finished over the total. Los Angeles heads into the game with records of 49-37 straight up (SU) and 47-38-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Los Angeles, just over half of Warriors games have finished under the O/U total. Golden State has a respectable 60-26 SU record, but they are just 37-48-1 ATS.
Golden State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the NBA’s worst defenses. The Warriors currently rank first in offensive efficiency, while Los Angeles ranks 21st in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Clippers, who rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.258), could get to the line a ton against the Warriors, who rank 23rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.208).
Clippers vs. Warriors Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Warriors average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Los Angeles ranks last (6.2).
- The Warriors average 19.1 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Clippers rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (15.1).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.5) while Los Angeles ranks 18th (24.1).
- Golden State averages 16.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 15th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7).
- The Clippers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (50.9) while the Warriors rank 29th (43.2).
- The Warriors average 46.3 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Clippers rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in second chance points per game (13.2) while Golden State ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Golden State ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (34.3) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (26.1).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Golden State is 10-0 and Los Angeles is 7-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Clippers are 49-28 and the Warriors are 60-18.
- Golden State is 17-25-1 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 24-18-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 24 of the Clippers’ 43 road games, while 26 of the Warriors’ 43 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles and Golden State are both 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 118.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 126.8 points per game (12.0 above their season average).
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, down from 6.7 for the season.