The Longwood Lancers (4-13, 1-3 BigSou) can put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they meet the Liberty Flames (12-5, 3-1 BigSou) at Vines Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Longwood Lancers at Liberty Flames Odds Preview
The Lancers were beaten by the UNC Asheville Bulldogs in their last outing, 90-80. Charles Glover put together a solid game for Longwood, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. UNC Asheville held the Lancers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 3.4 (below their season average of 22.5). Longwood, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-28; 71.4 percent).
In the Flames last game, they topped the Winthrop Eagles, 73-70. With 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Lovell Cabbil was Liberty’s high scorer. The Flames had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 26.1), while the Eagles had a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above their season average of 15.5).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Liberty figures to have a significant advantage. The Flames defense ranks 23rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456), while the Longwood offense is ranked 273rd in effective field goal percentage (0.488). Furthermore, put-back points could be tough to come by for the Lancers. They rank 333rd in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.6 percent, while the Flames are second-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 80.8 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Flames won both meetings last season. In the most recent game, Liberty won 61-45. The Flames played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 22.1 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.551. For those same stats, the Lancers put up marks of 29.2 and 0.443, respectively.
Longwood Lancers at Liberty Flames Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Over
- The Flames rank 92nd in steals per game (6.6) while the Lancers rank 182nd in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Longwood and Liberty average 2.5 blocks allowed per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA.
- Liberty ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Longwood ranks 260th (40.3).
- The Flames average 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. The Lancers rank 261st in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- Liberty ranks 87th in assists per game (14.8) while Longwood ranks 233rd (10.6).
- The Flames average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, down from 13.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average).