The Longwood Lancers (6-20, 3-10 BigSou), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center to square off against the Campbell Fighting Camels (13-12, 7-6 BigSou). Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Longwood Lancers vs. Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Preview
In the Lancers last matchup, they fell to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 78-73. With 19 points on 5-for-8 shooting, Damarion Geter led Longwood in scoring. UNC Asheville did a great job of converting from the free throw line (21-27; 77.8 percent). Longwood, meanwhile, forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 23.4 (above their season average of 18.4).
The Fighting Camels come in on a high note after beating the Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs in their last matchup, 78-70. With 33 points on 10-for-20 shooting, Chris Clemons was the games high scorer. Campbell dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 16.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (below their season average of 0.560). Gardner-Webb had marks of 16.5 and 0.474, respectively, for those same stats.
The prolific offense of Campbell (88th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 110.2) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Longwood (269th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 107.1). The Fighting Camels figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Geter has been on fire over the last five games for Longwood, averaging 9.4 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Lancers won 76-62. The Lancers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 and a turnover percentage of 13.8. For those same stats, the Fighting Camels were 17.5 and 17.2, respectively. B.K. Ashe recorded a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Longwood Lancers at Campbell Fighting Camels Free Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
- The Fighting Camels rank 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while the Lancers rank 250th (37.8).
- Campbell ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Longwood ranks 50th (2.8).
- Campbell ranks 73rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Longwood ranks 265th (25.1).
- The Fighting Camels rank 108th in assists per game (14.5) while the Lancers rank 265th (10.4).
- Campbell ranks 84th in steals per game (6.8) while Longwood ranks 214th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Fighting Camels have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Campbell has defeated opponents by an average of 5.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average).