The No. 3 Arizona State Sun Devils (10-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they go head-to-head against the Longwood Lancers (3-8) at Wells-Fargo Arena. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Longwood Lancers vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Preview
The last time the Lancers played, they were beaten by the Cornell Big Red, 69-62. Longwood’s BK Ashe put together a good performance, putting up 10 points and nine rebounds. Cornell did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (13-15; 86.7 percent). Longwood, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.9 (above their season average of 19.6).
The Sun Devils hope to maintain momentum after topping the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last game, 76-64. With 25 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Tra Holder was the games high scorer. Arizona State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.381) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.608). For those same stats, Vanderbilt put up marks of 0.206 and 0.368, respectively.
The productive offense of Arizona State will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Longwood. The Sun Devils currently rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while the Lancers are 316th in defensive efficiency. The Sun Devils figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Additionally, the Lancers, who rank 277th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.191), will square off against the Sun Devils, who rank 56th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.192).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Longwood games have gone under 100.0 percent of the time, while 70.0 percent of games involving Arizona State have finished over. The Sun Devils hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-0 SU and 9-0-1 ATS, while the Lancers are 3-8 SU and 0-1 ATS.
Longwood Lancers vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Under
- The Lancers rank 164th in three pointers allowed per game (27.4) while the Sun Devils rank 258th (28.4).
- Longwood ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Arizona State ranks 70th (3.1).
- Arizona State ranks 67th in assists per game (15.5) while Longwood ranks 235th (10.4).
- The Sun Devils rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Lancers rank 173rd (8.2).
- Arizona State ranks 115th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Longwood ranks 249th (33.3).
- The Sun Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, down from 16.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (3.1 below their season average).