The Longwood Lancers (4-12, 1-2 BigSou) can put an end to a six-game road losing streak when they take on the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (8-8, 1-2 BigSou) at Kimmel Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Longwood Lancers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Lancers last outing, they defeated the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs, 79-73. BK Ashe was Longwood’s high scorer with 21 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Longwood dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.190) and a turnover percentage of 17.6 (better than their season average of 21.8). Gardner-Webb recorded marks of 0.259 and 22.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 90-70 loss to the Radford Highlanders in their last game. Ahmad Thomas was UNC Asheville’s leading scorer with 15 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Radford did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (19-24; 79.2 percent). UNC Asheville, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 17.0).
It could be a difficult game for Longwood on the offensive glass. The Lancers are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 332nd in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.5 percent. Meanwhile, UNC Asheville ranks 76th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 73.9 percent.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Bulldogs won both matchups last season. In the most recent contest, UNC Asheville won 91-69. The Bulldogs dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.591 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3. For those same stats, the Lancers put up marks of 0.446 and 24.4, respectively.
Longwood Lancers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 175th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4) while the Lancers rank 252nd (27.9).
- Longwood ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while UNC Asheville ranks 63rd (3.1).
- UNC Asheville ranks 81st in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Longwood ranks 255th (40.5).
- The Bulldogs average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. The Lancers rank 170th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- UNC Asheville ranks 113th in assists per game (14.3) while Longwood ranks 240th (10.3).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 83.2 points per game (6.5 above their season average).