The Illinois Fighting Illini (7-4) will be at home in State Farm Center when they clash with the Longwood Lancers (3-6). Illinois opened as a 25.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 149 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Longwood Lancers vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Preview
The Lancers lost to the VMI Keydets in their last matchup, 81-70. Longwood’s BK Ashe had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-20 shooting. VMI’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Longwood. The Keydets had a rate of 6.7 (better than their season average of 21.6), while the Lancers posted a mark of 17.4.
In the Fighting Illini’s last game, they were topped by the UNLV Runnin Rebels, 89-82. Mark Smith was Illinois’ leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. UNLV had a free throw rate of 0.660 (above their season average of 0.277). Illinois, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 35.6).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Illinois in this contest. Since the 2016-17 season, the Fighting Illini rank 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 percent), while Longwood ranks 298th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.5 percent). Moreover, the 331st-ranked offense of the Lancers (offensive efficiency of 95.3) will battle against the 57th-ranked defense of the Fighting Illini (defensive efficiency of 99.3).
Illinois is 7-4 SU and 4-4 ATS. Of the Fighting Illini’s eight games with betting action, five have finished under the projected point total.
Longwood Lancers vs. Illinois Fighting Illini ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Illinois, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Illini rank 89th in assists per game (13.8) while the Lancers rank 244th (10.8).
- Longwood ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Illinois ranks 126th (3.0).
- Illinois ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Longwood ranks 245th (22.3).
- The Fighting Illini rank 49th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while the Lancers rank 258th (38.6).
- Illinois ranks 34th in steals per game (6.2) while Longwood ranks 200th in steals allowed per game (7.9).