The Long Beach State 49ers (15-18, 9-8 BigWst) meet the UC Irvine Anteaters (28-5, 16-1 BigWst) in the Big West Conference Tourney at Honda Center. The game starts at 12 a.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019, and will air on ESPNU.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. UC Irvine Anteaters Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Anteaters easily got past the UC Riverside Highlanders 63-44, while the 49ers barely escaped the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors 68-66.
The 49ers had an absurd free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.284), while the Rainbow Warriors had a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 15.4). UC Irvine, on the other hand, dominated every facet of their game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.4 (better than their season average of 15.2) and a free throw rate of 0.138 (matching their season average). UC Riverside was 15.8 and 0.093, respectively, for those same stats. UC Irvine was lifted by Collin Welp, who put up 15 points and seven rebounds. Jordan Roberts, meanwhile had a solid performance for Long Beach State, finishing with 18 points and nine rebounds.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, UC Irvine should have a substantial advantage. The Anteaters defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.434), while the Long Beach State offense is ranked 281st in effective field goal percentage (0.486). This game should be a matchup of contrasting paces. The up-and-down 49ers rank 29th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Anteaters rank 299th.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. UC Irvine Anteaters Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
- UC Irvine ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.7) while Long Beach State ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- The Anteaters rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the 49ers rank 168th (22.6).
- UC Irvine ranks 41st in blocks per game (4.3) while Long Beach State ranks 127th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Anteaters rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the 49ers rank 212th (7.8).
- UC Irvine ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Long Beach State ranks 175th (13.6).
- The 49ers have outscored opponents by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Long Beach State has been defeated by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Anteaters have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.0 points per game (6.2 below their season average).