The Oregon State Beavers (2-2) and the Long Beach State 49ers (2-3) clash in the AdvoCare Invitational at HP Field House. Tip-off is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Preview
The 49ers lost big to the Missouri Tigers in their last game, 95-58. With 12 points on 1-for-6 shooting, Gabe Levin led Long Beach State in scoring. Missouri’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Long Beach State. The Tigers had a rate of 14.1 (better than their season average of 20.1), while the 49ers posted a mark of 23.0 (above the 17.6 mark opponents have averaged against Missouri this season).
In the Beaver’s last matchup, they were blown out by the St. John’s Red Storm, 82-77. Stephen Thompson Jr. led Oregon State in scoring with 22 points on 6-for-14 shooting. St. John’s had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 14.0). Oregon State, meanwhile, held the Red Storm to an effective field goal percentage of 0.424 (below their season average of 0.508).
Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Long Beach State has preferred an up-tempo style of play (43rd in possessions per game), while Oregon State has been more methodical (273rd in possessions per game).
These teams have already met once this season. The Beavers won 89-81. Oregon State did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (22-29; 75.9 percent). Long Beach State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 22.2). Drew Eubanks put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 11 rebounds.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Long Beach State, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The 49ers rank 181st in assists per game (13.3) while the Beavers rank 239th (12.3).
- Oregon State ranks 260th in three pointers attempted per game (18.6) while Long Beach State ranks 263rd (18.5).
- Oregon State ranks 77th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while Long Beach State ranks 228th (4.1).
- The 49ers rank 169th in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Beavers rank 279th (33.1).
- Long Beach State averages 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 182nd in the NCAA. Oregon State ranks 261st in steals allowed per game (8.1).