The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-2) and the Long Beach State 49ers (3-3) clash in the AdvoCare Invitational at HP Field House. Nebraska is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148.5 points. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Preview
In the 49ers last outing, they defeated the Oregon State Beavers, 74-69. Deishuan Booker led Long Beach State in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Long Beach State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.247) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.500). For those same stats, Oregon State had marks of 0.219 and 0.430, respectively.
The Cornhuskers come in on a high note after blowing out the Marist Red Foxes in their last outing, 84-59. Isaac Copeland played a pivotal role for Nebraska with 17 points. Nebraska played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 15.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.658 (above their season average of 0.442). Marist had marks of 20.4 and 0.462, respectively, for those same stats.
Look for Nebraska to own the offensive glass in this contest. The Cornhuskers rank 42nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while Long Beach State ranks 301st in defensive rebounding percentage (68.0 percent) dating back to last season.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Long Beach State have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while Nebraska games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. The Cornhuskers have the better straight up (SU) record (4-2 vs. 3-3), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Nebraska is 3-3, while Long Beach State is 3-2 ATS.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cornhuskers rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the 49ers rank 155th (21.1).
- Nebraska ranks 120th in assists allowed per game (12.7) while Long Beach State ranks 229th (14.2).
- Nebraska ranks 43rd in rebounds per game (38.5) while Long Beach State ranks 237th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- The Cornhuskers rank 65th in blocks per game (4.2) while the 49ers rank 239th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Nebraska averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. Long Beach State ranks 249th in steals allowed per game (7.1).