The Colorado State Rams (6-4) will try to continue a six-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Long Beach State 49ers (5-9) at Moby Arena. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Long Beach State 49ers at Colorado State Rams Betting Preview
In the 49ers last outing, they lost big to the No. 2 Michigan State Spartans, 102-60. Gabe Levin had a solid game for Long Beach State, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 7-for-19 shooting. Michigan State’s 0.711 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Long Beach State, who had a mark of 0.441. The Spartans mark was above their season average of 0.569, while the 49ers was below their season average of 0.524.
The Rams hope to keep it rolling after beating the Arkansas-Fort Smith Lions in their last game, 87-73. With 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Deion James was the top scorer from either team. Colorado State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 6.8 (better than their season average of 17.0) and a free throw rate of 0.176 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Arkansas-Fort Smith had marks of 20.5 and 0.131, respectively.
Long Beach State could struggle to create turnovers. Colorado State ranks 51st in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 18.6 percent), while Long Beach State forces the 190th-most turnovers (19.3 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The 49ers won the lone game played against each other last season, 56-55. The 49ers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.358. For those same stats, the Rams recorded marks of 34.0 and 0.346, respectively.
Long Beach State 49ers vs. Colorado State Rams Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank 113th in blocks per game (3.5) while the 49ers rank 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Colorado State ranks 69th in rebounds per game (39.2) while Long Beach State ranks 240th (32.4).
- The Rams rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (13.8) while the 49ers rank 230th (17.4).
- Colorado State ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Long Beach State ranks 184th (8.6).
- The Rams average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average).