The Brown Bears (2-2) will be at home in Paul Bailey Pizzitola Sports Center when they challenge the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (1-3). Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds vs. Brown Bears Betting Preview
In the Blackbirds last outing, they fell to the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks, 74-66. With 21 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Raiquan Clark was LIU Brooklyns leading scorer. Massachusetts-Lowell did a great job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). LIU Brooklyn, on the other hand, held the River Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.428 (below their season average of 0.492).
The Bears are trying to rebound after their 77-64 loss to the Stony Brook Seawolves in their last contest. Desmond Cambridge was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Stony Brook had an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.487). Brown, meanwhile, held the Seawolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below their season average of 27.2).
The aggressive Brown offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bears rank first in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.338, while LIU Brooklyn ranks 205th in FTA rate allowed (0.257). Additionally, the Blackbirds rank 301st in turnover percentage (20.6 percent), while the Bears rank 36th in opponents turnover percentage (21.7 percent).
LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds vs. Brown Bears Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Brown, ATS Winner – Brown, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 43rd in steals per game (7.4) while the Blackbirds rank 203rd (5.7).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 144th in blocks per game (3.4) while Brown ranks 278th (2.1).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 26th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Brown ranks 294th (32.6).
- The Bears rank 104th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Blackbirds rank 285th (18.0).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 94th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Brown ranks 260th (14.8).