The Little Rock Trojans (2-8) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they square off with the Sam Houston State Bearkats (5-5) at Johnson Coliseum. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017.
Little Rock Trojans vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats Free Preview
The Trojans lost big to the Bradley Braves in their last matchup, 86-46. Jaizec Lottie had a solid performance for Little Rock, recording 12 points. Bradley’s 0.275 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Little Rock, who had a rate of 0.111. The Braves mark was above their season average of 0.227, while the Trojans was below their season average of 0.205.
In the Bearkats last matchup, they were dismantled by the Ole Miss Rebels, 82-69. With 12 points, 10 assists and five rebounds, John Dewey III put together a solid game for Sam Houston State. Ole Miss had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 29.5). Sam Houston State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 17.5).
Sam Houston State appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Bearkats rank 62nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.467), while Little Rock is 336th in effective field goal percentage (0.453).
Christopher Galbreath Jr. has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Sam Houston State, averaging 15.0 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.
Little Rock Trojans at Sam Houston State Bearkats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sam Houston State, ATS Winner – Sam Houston State, O/U – Over
- The Bearkats rank 84th in steals per game (6.8) while the Trojans rank 117th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Sam Houston State ranks 21st in assists per game (17.4) while Little Rock ranks 210th (12.1).
- The Bearkats average 25.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. The Trojans rank 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Sam Houston State ranks 55th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Little Rock ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Bearkats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).