The Little Rock Trojans (4-12, 1-2 SBC) look to put an end to their eight-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Georgia Southern Eagles (11-5, 2-1 SBC), who will try to extend their six-game home winning streak. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Little Rock Trojans at Georgia Southern Eagles Betting Preview
In the Trojans last contest, they were beaten by the Georgia State Panthers, 73-64. With 19 points on 6-for-8 shooting, Camron Reedus was Little Rock’s high scorer. Georgia State had a free throw rate of 0.469 (above their season average of 0.179). Little Rock, on the other hand, forced the Panthers into a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 14.9).
The Eagles will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the Arkansas State Red Wolves in their last matchup, 80-49. With 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Tookie Brown was the games high scorer. Georgia Southern played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 14.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.494). For those same stats, Arkansas State was 20.0 and 0.379, respectively.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Georgia Southern should have a significant edge. The Eagles defense ranks 44th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while the Little Rock offense is ranked 296th in effective field goal percentage (0.477).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Trojans won the sole game last season, 56-54. The Trojans played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 22.4 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7. For those same stats, the Eagles put up marks of 26.2 and 23.3, respectively.
Little Rock Trojans vs. Georgia Southern Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Little Rock, ATS Winner – Little Rock, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.3) while the Trojans rank 76th (6.1).
- Georgia Southern ranks 15th in rebounds per game (41.4) while Little Rock ranks 173rd (34.9).
- The Eagles rank 29th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Trojans rank 152nd (14.0).
- Georgia Southern averages 23.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. Little Rock ranks 180th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average).