The No. 14 Purdue Boilermakers (12-2) put their eight-game winning streak on the line when they square off with the Lipscomb Bisons (9-4) at Mackey Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Purdue Boilermakers Betting Preview
In the Bisons last contest, they were victorious over the Navy Midshipmen, 73-64. Garrison Mathews was the games high scorer with 27 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Lipscomb played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.352 (above their season average of 0.287) and a turnover percentage of 16.6 (better than their season average of 18.8). For those same stats, Navy recorded marks of 0.190 and 20.4, respectively.
The Boilermakers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Tennessee State Tigers in their last outing, 97-48. With 26 points on 10-for-14 shooting, Carsen Edwards was the top scorer from either team. Purdue dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 14.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.716 (above their season average of 0.577). For those same stats, Tennessee State had marks of 23.3 and 0.388, respectively.
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Purdue currently ranks 14th in offensive efficiency and Lipscomb ranks 57th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Bisons, who rank 40th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.292), will face a tough challenge against the Boilermakers, who rank 10th in opponents FTA rate (0.158).
Purdue is 12-2 SU and 9-4 ATS. Of the Boilermakers 13 games that accepted bets, seven have finished over the projected point total.
Mathews has been superb over the last five games for Lipscomb, averaging 19.8 points and 1.4 steals per game.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Purdue Boilermakers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Under
- The Boilermakers rank 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Bisons rank 102nd (6.5).
- Lipscomb averages 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 114th in the NCAA. Purdue ranks 136th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- Purdue ranks 13th in blocks per game (6.1) while Lipscomb ranks 143rd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Boilermakers rank 15th in assists per game (18.2) while the Bisons rank 131st (13.9).
- Purdue ranks 91st in rebounds per game (37.6) while Lipscomb ranks 181st in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Boilermakers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 24.8, up from 22.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (7.1 below their season average).