The No. 2 North Carolina Tar Heels (25-10) will be 19.5-point favorites in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Spectrum Center when they clash with the No. 15 Lipscomb Bisons (23-9). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 159.5 points and it starts at 2:45 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Tar Heels lost to the top-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, 71-63, while the Bisons were victorious over the FGCU Eagles, 108-96.
The Bisons had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.653 (above their season average of 0.284) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.776 (above their season average of 0.515). North Carolina, on the other hand, held Virginia to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below their season average of 27.6). North Carolina’s Luke Maye led the way, finishing with 20 points and seven rebounds. Garrison Mathews, meanwhile was a key piece for Lipscomb with 33 points and nine rebounds.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Tar Heels are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4 percent. Meanwhile, Lipscomb ranks 20th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.3 percent. Additionally, the Bisons, who rank 24th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.294), will face off against the Tar Heels, who rank 14th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.176).
Lipscomb Bisons vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Under
- Lipscomb averages 24.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. North Carolina ranks 290th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Tar Heels rank 52nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bisons rank 211th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- North Carolina ranks 171st in steals per game (5.7) while Lipscomb ranks 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Bisons average 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. The Tar Heels rank 221st in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- North Carolina ranks first in rebounds per game (42.5) while Lipscomb ranks 169th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- During their last five games, the Tar Heels have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (9.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (5.5 below their season average).
- The Bisons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 5.1 for the season.