The Lipscomb Bisons (8-4) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Navy when they travel to Alumni Hall to go head-to-head with the Midshipmen (9-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Lipscomb Bisons at Navy Midshipmen Betting Preview
In the Bisons last matchup, they edged the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 67-65. With 22 points and five rebounds, Lipscomb’s Garrison Mathews played well. The Bisons made 24 of their 31 free throws (77.4 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.3 (above their season average of 27.9).
The Midshipmen will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Columbia Lions in their last contest, 73-68. With 21 points on 7-for-16 shooting, Shawn Anderson was Navy’s high scorer. The Midshipmen had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 33.4), while the Lions had a free throw rate of 0.151 (below the 0.227 mark opponents have averaged against Navy this season).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Navy offense. Navy ranks 310th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Lipscomb forces the 67th-most turnovers in the nation (22.2 percent). It will also be a showdown of opposite paces as the fast-breaking Bisons rank sixth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Midshipmen rank 296th.
Lipscomb Bisons at Navy Midshipmen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Under
- The Bisons rank 93rd in blocks per game (3.7) while the Midshipmen rank 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Lipscomb ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Navy ranks 139th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Navy ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while Lipscomb ranks 167th (36.3).
- The Midshipmen rank 49th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Bisons rank 96th (12.7).
- Lipscomb ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.7) while Navy ranks 138th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average).