The Lipscomb Bisons (11-6, 1-1 Asun) head to Jacksonville to play the Dolphins (8-11, 2-0 Asun) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Jacksonville Dolphins Betting Preview
The last time the Bisons played, they fell to the North Florida Ospreys, 102-96. With 32 points on 13-for-29 shooting, Garrison Mathews was the top scorer from either team. North Florida did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (24-31; 77.4 percent). Lipscomb, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.3).
The Dolphins will look to keep it rolling after topping the Kennesaw State Owls in their last matchup, 65-58. Jacksonville received a boost from Devin Harris, who led the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Dolphins held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.342 (below their season average of 0.494) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 29.4).
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this matchup that features two of the nations more up-tempo teams. Jacksonville ranks 30th in possessions per game (74.7) and Lipscomb is eighth (77.5).
Mathews has really been playing well over the last five games for Lipscomb, averaging 29.0 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Bisons won both contests last season. In the most recent game, Lipscomb won 81-69. Lipscomb’s 0.670 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Jacksonville, who had a mark of 0.520.
Lipscomb Bisons at Jacksonville Dolphins Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lipscomb, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Over
- The Bisons average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. The Dolphins rank 162nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Jacksonville averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 117th in the nation. Lipscomb ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Lipscomb ranks 24th in rebounds per game (40.4) while Jacksonville ranks 218th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Bisons average 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. The Dolphins rank 226th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- Jacksonville ranks 46th in steals per game (7.6) while Lipscomb ranks 129th (6.0).
- The Dolphins have outscored opponents by an average of 12.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Jacksonville has lost by an average of 2.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).