The Belmont Bruins (4-2) will be at home in Curb Event Center when they challenge the Lipscomb Bisons (3-2). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Lipscomb Bisons vs. Belmont Bruins ATS Preview
The Bisons were victorious over the Abilene Christian Wildcats in their last matchup, 75-67. With 15 points, Lipscomb’s Matt Rose played well. Lipscomb played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (below their season average of 0.358) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.423). Abilene Christian was 0.196 and 0.500, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bruins played, they were topped by the Providence Friars, 66-65. Dylan Windler was Belmont’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Providence had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 18.8). Belmont, meanwhile, held the Friars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.444 (below their season average of 0.596).
The prolific offense of Belmont will square off against the mid-tier defense of Lipscomb. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bruins rank 52nd in offensive efficiency, while the Bisons are 175th in defensive efficiency. The Bruins figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. ,
The Bruins won both meetings against the Bisons last season. In the most recent matchup, Belmont won 78-76. Belmont had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 29.3). Lipscomb, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (30-36; 83.3 percent).
Lipscomb Bisons at Belmont Bruins Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bruins rank 36th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Bisons rank 144th (13.1).
- Lipscomb ranks 170th in blocks per game (3.2) while Belmont ranks 227th (2.7).
- Lipscomb ranks 131st in steals per game (6.4) while Belmont ranks 283rd (4.3).
- The Bruins rank 46th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Bisons rank 189th (35.4).
- Belmont averages 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. Lipscomb ranks 140th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9).