The Lipscomb Bisons (4-2) will attempt to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Tennessee Tech when they head to Hooper Eblen Arena to go head-to-head against the Golden Eagles (6-1). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Lipscomb Bisons at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Betting Preview
The Bisons were victorious over the Belmont Bruins in their last outing, 74-66. Garrison Mathews was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Lipscomb’s 0.561 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Belmont, who had a rate of 0.433. The Bisons mark was above their season average of 0.448, while the Bruins was below their season average of 0.573.
In the Golden Eagles last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 90-60. Tennessee Tech was lifted by Kajon Mack, who was the games high scorer with 24 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Tennessee Tech played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.631 (above their season average of 0.602) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 (above their season average of 29.1). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore was 0.417 and 22.7, respectively.
It could be a sloppy game for the Tennessee Tech offense. Dating back to last season, Tennessee Tech ranks 217th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Lipscomb has forced the 90th-most turnovers in the nation (20.3 percent). Furthermore, the Bisons, who rank 26th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.299), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Golden Eagles, who rank 255th in opponents FTA rate (0.268).
The Bisons won both matchups against the Golden Eagles last season. In the last contest, Lipscomb won 81-79. The Bisons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.642 and a free throw rate of 0.245. The Golden Eagles were 0.542 and 0.233, respectively, for those same stats.
Lipscomb Bisons at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bisons rank 91st in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Tennessee Tech averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. Lipscomb ranks 167th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Lipscomb ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Tennessee Tech ranks 269th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- The Bisons rank eighth in assists per game (17.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 250th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- Tennessee Tech averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. Lipscomb ranks 211th in steals allowed per game (6.7).