The Radford Highlanders (11-7, 4-1 BigSou) will attempt to lengthen their six-game home winning streak in a matchup against the Liberty Flames (12-6, 3-2 BigSou) at Dedmon Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Liberty Flames at Radford Highlanders ATS Preview
The Flames lost to the Longwood Lancers in their last contest, 58-51. Liberty’s Lovell Cabbil put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 10 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Longwood did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (18-22; 81.8 percent). Liberty, meanwhile, forced the Lancers into a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above the 17.9 mark opponents have averaged against Liberty this season).
In the Highlanders last game, they were beaten by the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs, 59-54. Ed Polite Jr. was Radford’s high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Gardner-Webb had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.8). Radford, on the other hand, forced the Runnin’ Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 24.5 (above their season average of 17.3).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams square off. Radford currently ranks 336th in possessions per game (65.5) and Liberty is 298th (67.4).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Flames won two out of three contests played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Radford won 56-52. Radford did an excellent job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent). Liberty, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (7.8 vs. 23.1).
Liberty Flames vs. Radford Highlanders Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Under
- The Flames rank 31st in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Highlanders rank 62nd (12.1).
- Radford ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Liberty ranks 197th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Flames rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Highlanders rank 87th (3.4).
- Liberty ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Radford ranks 61st (32.9).
- The Highlanders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 61.8 points per game (11.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average).