The Georgia State Panthers (5-2) will be at home in GSU Sports Arena when they meet the Liberty Flames (5-3). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Liberty Flames vs. Georgia State Panthers Free Preview
The Flames lost a close one to the UNCG Spartans in their last game, 76-75. Liberty’s Scottie James had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 5-for-6 shooting. UNCG held the Flames to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.0 (below their season average of 29.8). Liberty, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (33-42; 78.6 percent).
In the Panthers last game, they defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, 63-53. With 15 points on 5-for-17 shooting, D’Marcus Simonds led Georgia State in scoring. Georgia State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.7 (worse than their season average of 14.4) and a free throw rate of 0.211 (above their season average of 0.177). For those same stats, Alabama A&M was 20.3 and 0.185, respectively.
The offense of Georgia State will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of Liberty. Since the 2016-17 season, the Panthers rank 169th in offensive efficiency, while the Flames are 39th in defensive efficiency. The Flames figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Flames rank 49th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Panthers rank 32nd in opponents turnover percentage (21.9 percent).
Liberty Flames at Georgia State Panthers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flames rank 18th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Panthers rank 135th (12.9).
- Liberty ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Georgia State ranks 113th (5.9).
- Liberty ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Georgia State ranks 312th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Panthers rank 76th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Flames rank 282nd (2.0).
- Georgia State ranks 204th in rebounds per game (35.2) while Liberty ranks 325th (29.9).