The No. 10 USC Trojans (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they clash against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (3-1) at Galen Center. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. USC Trojans Free Preview
The Mountain Hawks had no trouble getting past the Eastern University Eagles in their last matchup, 95-70. With 12 points and six rebounds, Lehigh’s Kyle Leufroy had a good performance. Lehigh played a perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.266 (above their season average of 0.208) and a turnover percentage of 15.2 (worse than their season average of 10.9). For those same stats, Eastern University had marks of 0.121 and 22.8, respectively.
In the Trojans last matchup, they topped the Vanderbilt Commodores, 93-89. USC rallied around Jordan McLaughlin, who was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 12-for-19 shooting. USC’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Vanderbilt. The Trojans had a rate of 7.5, while the Commodores posted a mark of 18.8.
Lehigh could have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, USC ranks 16th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.8 percent), while Lehigh has forced the 167th-most turnovers (19.2 percent).
The Mountain Hawks have had a respectable 23-13 straight up (SU) record since last season, but have had a difficult time covering the spread (1-3 against the spread (ATS)). Lehigh games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total since last season (75.0 percent).
Meanwhile, the Trojans, are 27-9 SU and 21-17 ATS since last season. Vegas has also been spot on when setting the O/U total of USC games over that same stretch with an even split between overs and unders.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at USC Trojans ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – USC, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Trojans rank 166th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Mountain Hawks rank 232nd (34.6).
- USC averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 87th in the nation. Lehigh ranks 129th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- USC ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.4) while Lehigh ranks 187th (2.9).
- The Mountain Hawks average 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. The Trojans rank 233rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Lehigh averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 115th in the nation. USC ranks 248th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).