Pat foes will battle when the Lafayette Leopards (2-8) take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (5-6) at Kirby Sports Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Lafayette Leopards Odds Preview
The Mountain Hawks fell to the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last game, 84-70. Lehigh’s Pat Andree had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Saint Francis U did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-17; 82.4 percent). Lehigh, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 25.3).
In the Leopards last game, they were defeated by the Cornell Big Red, 80-71. With 17 points and eight rebounds, Lafayette’s Kyle Stout played well. Cornell’s 11.5 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Lafayette, who had a rate of 16.5. The Big Red’s mark was better than their season average of 16.4, while the Leopards was above the 12.0 mark opponents have averaged against Cornell this season.
Lehigh should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Lehigh ranks 27th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while Lafayette forces the 91st-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Mountain Hawks won both contests last season. In the most recent matchup, Lehigh won 81-55. The Mountain Hawks played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.328 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.534. For those same stats, the Leopards were 0.194 and 0.347, respectively.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Lafayette Leopards ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Under
- The Leopards rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Mountain Hawks rank 82nd (3.3).
- Lafayette averages 11.3 assists per game, which ranks 192nd in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 222nd in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- Lehigh ranks 77th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while Lafayette ranks 221st in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Mountain Hawks rank 18th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Leopards rank 132nd (5.3).
- Lehigh ranks 163rd in rebounds per game (35.3) while Lafayette ranks 247th (31.9).
- The Leopards have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Lafayette has been defeated by an average of 6.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).