A nine-game home winning streak is on the line for the Bucknell Bison (16-8, 10-2 Pat) when they go head-to-head with the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (16-7, 9-3 Pat) at Sojka Pavilion. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Bucknell Bison ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bison were victorious over the Boston University Terriers 82-76, while the Mountain Hawks won big over the Navy Midshipmen 83-57.
Lehigh dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (below their season average of 0.580) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 22.2). Navy was 0.328 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Bucknell dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 24.8) and a free throw rate of 0.233 (below their season average of 0.264). For those same stats, Boston University recorded marks of 27.5 and 0.179, respectively. Bucknell’s Nate Sestina played well, finishing with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Lehigh received a boost from Pat Andree, who put up 22 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kimbal Mackenzie led the Bison to an 85-83 victory. He recorded 25 points. Bucknell won the rebounding battle. The Bison had 12 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Mountain Hawks had four and 29, respectively.
Lehigh might struggle to create turnovers. Bucknell ranks 80th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.3 percent), while Lehigh forces the 25th-fewest turnovers (15.9 percent).
Lehigh vs. Bucknell ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Under
- Bucknell averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 280th in three pointers allowed per game (27.2).
- The Mountain Hawks average 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 156th in the country. The Bison rank 197th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Bison rank 48th in assists per game (15.3) while the Mountain Hawks rank 219th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Bucknell averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. Lehigh ranks 140th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Mountain Hawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (4.0 below their season average).