Pat foes will collide when the Boston University Terriers (6-8, 2-1 Pat) meet the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (7-7, 2-1 Pat) at Case Gym. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Boston University Terriers ATS Preview
The Mountain Hawks were victorious over the Holy Cross Crusaders in their last game, 83-77. Lance Tejada was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Lehigh played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.182 (above their season average of 0.180) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.1). Holy Cross had marks of 0.016 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Terriers last matchup, they were topped by the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 68-65. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Tyler Scanlon put together a good outing for Boston University. Loyola Maryland had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.5 vs. 23.1). Boston University, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.175).
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to come by for Boston University in this showdown. The Terriers currently rank 257th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.9 percent), while Lehigh ranks 64th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Terriers won two out of three meetings played against each other last season. In the last game, Lehigh won 91-88. Lehigh did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-30; 80.0 percent). Boston University, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 20.9).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Boston University Terriers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Over
- The Mountain Hawks rank 152nd in rebounds per game (35.6) while the Terriers rank 168th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Boston University ranks 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Lehigh ranks 256th in three pointers allowed per game (27.0).
- The Terriers average 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 122nd in the nation. The Mountain Hawks rank 224th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- Boston University ranks 46th in steals per game (7.6) while Lehigh ranks 141st (5.7).
- The Terriers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).