Pat foes will collide when the Navy Midshipmen (9-5, 0-1 Pat) take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (6-6, 1-0 Pat) at Alumni Hall. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. Navy Midshipmen Free Preview
In the Mountain Hawks last game, they beat the Lafayette Leopards, 79-74. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Lehigh’s Pat Andree played well. The Mountain Hawks held the Leopards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.3 (below their season average of 17.7) and had a turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 14.1).
The Midshipmen are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-63 loss to the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last game. Hasan Abdullah led Navy in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Loyola Maryland had a free throw rate of 0.289 (above their season average of 0.231). Navy, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (20.4 vs. 20.8).
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball security could play a key role in this meeting. Lehigh commits the 13th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 15.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Navy forces the 58th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, the Mountain Hawks won 74-55. Lehigh did a terrific job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent). Navy, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 28.6).
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Navy Midshipmen Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Navy, O/U – Over
- The Mountain Hawks rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Midshipmen rank 119th (6.7).
- Navy ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (29.6) while Lehigh ranks 191st (37.4).
- The Midshipmen rank 100th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while the Mountain Hawks rank 260th (27.4).
- Navy averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 107th in the NCAA. Lehigh ranks 223rd in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (2.5 below their season average).