The American University Eagles (5-19, 2-11 Pat), who are currently on a six-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Lehigh Mountain Hawks (11-13, 6-7 Pat) to Bender Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks vs. American University Eagles Betting Preview
In the Mountain Hawks last contest, they barely escaped the Bucknell Bison, 92-89. Pat Andree led Lehigh in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-10 shooting. The Mountain Hawks held the Bison to an effective field goal percentage of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.536) and had a turnover percentage of 14.2 (better than their season average of 16.0).
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 72-69 loss to the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last matchup. Sa’eed Nelson was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Loyola Maryland had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 (above their season average of 29.4). American University, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 19.3).
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the fast-paced Mountain Hawks will look to push the slower-paced Eagles. The Mountain Hawks rank 55th in possessions per game while the Eagles are 305th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Mountain Hawks won 76-66. The Mountain Hawks played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.382 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8. The Eagles were 0.246 and 22.0, respectively, for those same stats. James Karnik recorded a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks at American University Eagles Odds Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Lehigh, ATS Winner – Lehigh, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 45th in steals per game (7.4) while the Mountain Hawks rank 149th (5.8).
- American University ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Lehigh ranks 284th (26.7).
- The Mountain Hawks rank 160th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Eagles rank 279th (28.8).
- Lehigh ranks 118th in assists per game (14.3) while American University ranks 226th (11.9).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountain Hawks have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average).