The UTEP Miners (1-4) will be at home in Don Haskins Center when they square off with the Lamar Cardinals (4-1). Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Lamar Cardinals at UTEP Miners Odds Preview
The Cardinals had no trouble getting past the Southern-New Orleans Knights in their last contest, 105-67. With 10 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, Lamar’s Avery Sullivan played well. Lamar dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 55.3 (above their season average of 36.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.512). Southern-New Orleans was 33.3 and 0.443, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Miners played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the New Mexico State Aggies, 72-63. With 13 points and seven rebounds, Keith Frazier had a good performance for UTEP. New Mexico State held the Miners to an offensive rebounding percentage of 5.3 (below their season average of 25.9). UTEP, meanwhile, forced the Aggies into a turnover percentage of 19.2 (above their season average of 14.4).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of UTEP. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, UTEP ranks 236th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Lamar has forced the 16th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.9 percent).
Lamar Cardinals vs. UTEP Miners Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UTEP, ATS Winner – UTEP, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 89th in the nation. The Miners rank 172nd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Lamar ranks 177th in rebounds per game (35.7) while UTEP ranks 225th (34.8).
- Lamar ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while UTEP ranks 249th (22.9).
- The Miners rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Cardinals rank 233rd (4.3).
- Lamar ranks 16th in steals per game (8.1) while UTEP ranks 223rd (5.4).