The Duquesne Dukes (7-3) and the Lamar Cardinals (8-2) square off at A.J. Palumbo Center. The Dukes will try to lengthen their five-game winning streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Lamar Cardinals at Duquesne Dukes Free Preview
In the Cardinals last game, they were beaten by the Southern Illinois Salukis, 71-61. With 14 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Colton Weisbrod led Lamar in scoring. Southern Illinois had a better free throw rate (0.091 vs. 0.062). Lamar, on the other hand, held the Salukis to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 26.6).
The Dukes will look to maintain momentum after topping the North Carolina A&T Aggies in their last game, 74-58. Duquesne rallied around Rene Castro, who finished with 15 points. The Dukes forced 16 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.5 (above their season average of 36.5).
This contest figures to be low-scoring as two of the nations top defenses clash. Duquesne currently ranks 55th in defensive efficiency (94.4) and Lamar is fifth (87.0). It will also be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Cardinals rank 57th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Dukes rank 322nd.
Eric Williams Jr. has really been playing well recently for Duquesne, averaging 17.0 points, 11.4 rebounds and 2.0 steals over the last five games.
Lamar Cardinals at Duquesne Dukes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank third in steals per game (11.0) while the Dukes rank 96th (6.7).
- Duquesne ranks 34th in blocks per game (5.0) while Lamar ranks 172nd (2.2).
- The Dukes rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while the Cardinals rank 142nd (22.1).
- Duquesne averages 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. Lamar ranks 170th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Dukes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 25.6, up from 12.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average).