Pat foes will collide when the Navy Midshipmen (17-10, 8-6 Pat) square off against the Lafayette Leopards (8-17, 6-8 Pat) at Alumni Hall. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Navy Midshipmen Free Preview
The Leopards defeated the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last contest, 84-67. Matt Klinewski was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Lafayette played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 20.4) and a free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.234). Loyola Maryland was 19.4 and 0.169, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Midshipmen played, they defeated the Army West Point Black Knights, 68-59. Navy received a boost from Shawn Anderson, who led the team in scoring with 13 points on 1-for-4 shooting. Navy played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.651 (above their season average of 0.262) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 32.9). For those same stats, Army West Point had marks of 0.222 and 22.5, respectively.
Second-chance points might be hard to find for Lafayette in this matchup. The Leopards rank 337th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.0 percent), while Navy ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.8 percent).
Alex Petrie has been outstanding over the last five games for Lafayette, averaging 23.2 points and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Midshipmen won 75-72. Navy had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 14.3). Lafayette, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 18.3). Despite the loss, Paulius Zalys was the games leading scorer with 25 points.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Navy Midshipmen Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Under
- The Leopards average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. The Midshipmen rank 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Navy ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (29.0) while Lafayette ranks 158th (35.2).
- The Leopards rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while the Midshipmen rank 231st (19.5).
- Navy ranks 130th in steals per game (6.2) while Lafayette ranks 247th (4.0).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 3.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Leopards have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average).