The Lafayette Leopards (0-4) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they square off against the Drexel Dragons (2-3) at John A Daskalakis Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Lafayette Leopards at Drexel Dragons Odds Preview
The Leopards lost to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks in their last game, 86-82. Matt Klinewski put together a good game for Lafayette, leading the team in scoring with 30 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Saint Peter’s had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 15.3). Lafayette, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-20; 90.0 percent).
In the Dragons last game, they were topped by the Drake Bulldogs, 90-88. Tramaine Isabell was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Drake had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 15.9). Drexel, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent).
Conflicting styles will be on display in this meeting. Dating back to last season, Drexel has preferred to play fast (54th in possessions per game), while Lafayette has been more methodical (184th in possessions per game).
The Dragons won the lone contest against the Leopards last season, 74-70. The Dragons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 and a solid free throw rate of 0.296. For those same stats, the Leopards recorded marks of 22.2 and 0.264, respectively.
Lafayette Leopards vs. Drexel Dragons Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drexel, ATS Winner – Drexel, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Leopards rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Dragons rank 138th (3.4).
- Drexel ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (6.4) while Lafayette ranks 264th (7.5).
- Drexel averages 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 82nd in the NCAA. Lafayette ranks 302nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Dragons rank 114th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Leopards rank 321st (31.3).
- Drexel ranks 114th in assists per game (14.2) while Lafayette ranks 260th in assists allowed per game (14.9).