SEC foes will collide when the Texas A&M Aggies (16-8, 5-6 SEC) clash against the No. 24 Kentucky Wildcats (17-7, 6-5 SEC) at Reed Arena. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Texas A&M Aggies Odds Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they lost a tough one against the No. 15 Tennessee Volunteers, 61-59. Kentucky’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a solid performance, putting up 15 points, six rebounds and six assists. Tennessee forced the Wildcats into a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 16.7). Kentucky, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (18-25; 72.0 percent).
The Aggies will look to maintain momentum after just getting past the No. 8 Auburn Tigers in their last matchup, 81-80. Texas A&M’s Tyler Davis played a pivotal role with 15 points and eight rebounds. The Aggies held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 35.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.514).
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Texas A&M in this meeting. The Aggies are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.3 percent. Meanwhile, Kentucky ranks 264th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.3 percent. Additionally, the Wildcats, who rank 12th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.304), will face a difficult challenge against the Aggies, who rank 43rd in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
Robert Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Texas A&M, averaging 13.2 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 74-73. Kentucky had a much better free throw rate (0.512 vs. 0.269). Texas A&M, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 29.2). In the loss, Davis led all scorers with 21 points.
Kentucky Wildcats at Texas A&M Aggies Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 205th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Wildcats rank 301st (14.6).
- Kentucky averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Aggies rank 23rd in assists per game (16.9) while the Wildcats rank 162nd (13.4).
- Texas A&M ranks fourth in rebounds per game (41.8) while Kentucky ranks 116th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- The Aggies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 7.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).