SEC foes will battle when the Missouri Tigers (14-8, 4-5 SEC) take on the No. 21 Kentucky Wildcats (17-5, 6-3 SEC) at Mizzou Arena. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Kentucky Wildcats at Missouri Tigers Betting Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they edged the Vanderbilt Commodores, 83-81. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 12-for-19 shooting. The Wildcats had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 17.1) and had a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.303).
The Tigers come in on a high note after topping the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last matchup, 69-60. Missouri rallied around Kassius Robertson, who was the teams leading scorer with 22 points on 6-for-10 shooting. The Tigers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.542, had a ridiculous mark of 0.628 and held the Crimson Tide to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 29.6).
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesMissouri currently ranks 51st in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while Kentucky is 32nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.465).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Wildcats won the lone game last season, 72-62. The Wildcats dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.365. The Tigers were 17.1 and 0.233, respectively, for those same stats.
Kentucky Wildcats at Missouri Tigers ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Wildcats rank 105th (33.9).
- Missouri ranks 86th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Kentucky ranks 294th (14.4).
- The Tigers rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Wildcats rank 145th (13.5).
- Kentucky ranks 19th in blocks per game (5.4) while Missouri ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Missouri has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (2.4 above their season average).