The Wright State Raiders (5-4) will attempt to continue a five-game home winning streak when they challenge the Kent State Golden Flashes (5-4) at Ervin J. Nutter Center. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Wright State Raiders Free Preview
In the Golden Flashes last outing, they were blown out by the No. 13 Xavier Musketeers, 96-70. Kent State’s Jalen Avery put up 13 points and five assists in the contest. Xavier’s 41.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Kent State, who had a mark of 27.0. The Musketeers mark was above their season average of 31.7, while the Golden Flashes was below their season average of 36.0.
The Raiders come in on a high note after blowing out the Ohio Valley Fighting Scots in their last matchup, 98-68. Wright State received a boost from Loudon Love, who had 16 points and nine rebounds. Wright State played a flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.235) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (above their season average of 28.4). Ohio Valley was 0.107 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Since the 2016-17 season, Wright State has done a great job of getting to the free throw line. They rank 47th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.288), but Kent State has been among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 44th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.227). Furthermore, the Golden Flashes have been among the nation’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 36th in offensive rebounding percentage (38.0 percent). The Raiders, however, rank 41st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent).
The Raiders won the only game against the Golden Flashes last season, 68-63. Wright State was lights out from beyond the arc (12-25; 48.0 percent). Kent State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.107).
Kent State Golden Flashes at Wright State Raiders Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raiders average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. The Golden Flashes rank 176th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Wright State averages 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 178th in the nation. Kent State ranks 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Kent State ranks 53rd in blocks per game (3.9) while Wright State ranks 258th (2.1).
- The Golden Flashes rank eighth in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Raiders rank 172nd (6.5).
- Kent State averages 22.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 99th in the NCAA. Wright State ranks 199th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).