The Kent State Golden Flashes (9-9, 3-2 MAC) will try to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Toledo Rockets (12-6, 4-1 MAC) at Savage Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 154.5 points with Toledo opening as a 12-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Toledo Rockets Odds Preview
In the Golden Flashes last contest, they edged the Western Michigan Broncos, 73-71. Kevin Zabo was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Golden Flashes held the Broncos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5 (below their season average of 31.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.540 (above their season average of 0.484).
The Rockets come in on a high note after blowing out the Ohio Bobcats in their last outing, 91-57. Toledo was lifted by Tre’Shaun Fletcher, who was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Rockets had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 26.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.558).
Toledo should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Rockets rank 46th in offensive efficiency, while Kent State ranks 205th in defensive efficiency.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Rockets won the most recent contest 78-58. Toledo’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Kent State. The Rockets had a rate of 0.217, while the Golden Flashes posted a mark of 0.085.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Toledo Rockets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Rockets average 24.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 72nd in the NCAA. The Golden Flashes rank 96th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9).
- Kent State ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Toledo ranks 104th (6.3).
- The Rockets rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Golden Flashes rank 100th (13.1).
- Toledo averages 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. Kent State ranks 108th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average).