MAC foes will clash when the Miami (OH) RedHawks (8-7, 1-1 MAC) go head-to-head with the Kent State Golden Flashes (7-8, 1-1 MAC) at John D. Millett Hall. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 140 points with neither team favored. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Preview
In the Golden Flashes last matchup, they defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas, 85-69. With 24 points and 14 rebounds, Kent State’s Adonis De La Rosa played well. Kent State played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.316 (above their season average of 0.258) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.478). Central Michigan had marks of 0.090 and 0.470, respectively, for those same stats.
The RedHawks are trying to rebound after their 67-62 loss to the Western Michigan Broncos in their last matchup. Darrian Ringo led Miami (OH) in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Western Michigan had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 15.1). Miami (OH), meanwhile, held the Broncos to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.523).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Miami (OH) figures to have a considerable advantage. The RedHawks defense ranks 89th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while the Kent State offense is ranked 284th in effective field goal percentage (0.484).
Of Kent State’s 10 games with betting action, five have finished over the projected point total, while 7 of Miami (OH)’s 13 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the RedHawks have a substantial advantage. They are 8-7 SU and 8-5 ATS, while the Golden Flashes are 7-8 SU and 4-6 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Golden Flashes, it’s been Jaylin Walker, who has averaged 17.6 points and 2.0 steals, while the RedHawks have received solid contributions from Ringo (12.4 points, 8.4 assists and 3.0 steals).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Golden Flashes won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Kent State won 76-72. The Golden Flashes 12.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the RedHawks, who had a mark of 18.0.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The RedHawks average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. The Golden Flashes rank 104th in assists allowed per game (13.1).MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- Kent State is 1-5 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 2 overs.MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- At home, Miami (OH) is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- Kent State ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Miami (OH) ranks 144th (7.5).MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- The RedHawks rank 35th in rebounds per game (39.7) while the Golden Flashes rank 134th (35.9).MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- Miami (OH) ranks 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Kent State ranks 124th (22.3).MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- Miami (OH) is 2-2 ATS with 2 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- Over their last five games, Kent State is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- The RedHawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 2.6 for the season.MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (3.9 above their season average).MWisconsin Badgers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Odds