The Albany Great Danes (11-3) can continue a seven-game home winning streak when they clash against the Kent State Golden Flashes (6-6) at SEFCU Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Albany Great Danes Free Preview
In the Golden Flashes last game, they won a close one over the Oregon State Beavers, 79-78. Jaylin Walker was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 5-for-19 shooting. The Golden Flashes forced 19 turnovers and held the Beavers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.473 (below their season average of 0.535).
The Great Danes are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-68 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in their last game. With 10 points and 15 rebounds, Alex Foster put together a good outing for Albany. Louisville had a free throw rate of 0.228 (above their season average of 0.225). Albany, meanwhile, held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 34.5).
Albany could dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Great Danes currently rank seventh in offensive rebounding percentage (38.3 percent), while Kent State ranks 263rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent).
Jalen Avery has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Kent State, averaging 15.0 points and 3.8 assists per game.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Albany Great Danes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Golden Flashes rank 27th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Great Danes rank 63rd (5.8).
- Kent State ranks 145th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Albany ranks 263rd (15.3).
- The Great Danes rank third in rebounds allowed per game (28.9) while the Golden Flashes rank 113th (34.5).
- Kent State averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. Albany ranks 145th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Great Danes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).