Asun foes will collide when the NJIT Highlanders (10-12, 3-4 Asun) meet the Kennesaw State Owls (6-16, 2-5 Asun) at Wellness and Events Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Kennesaw State Owls vs. NJIT Highlanders Odds Preview
The Owls won a close one over the USC Upstate Spartans in their last game, 81-80. Anthony Wilson was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 7-for-8 shooting. Kennesaw State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.228) and a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 18.0). USC Upstate was 0.217 and 13.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Highlanders last matchup, they were defeated by the Lipscomb Bisons, 86-79. Anthony Tarke led NJIT in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Lipscomb did an excellent job of making free throws (29-34; 85.3 percent). NJIT, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 19.3).
Getting to the line could be scarce for NJIT in this contest. The Highlanders currently rank 300th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.199, while Kennesaw State ranks 100th in FTA rate allowed (0.208).
Nick Masterson has really been playing well over the last five games for Kennesaw State, averaging 18.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Highlanders won 66-60. The Highlanders dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.3 and a great free throw rate of 0.300. For those same stats, the Owls put up marks of 20.0 and 0.204, respectively. Tarke was the games leading scorer with 27 points.
Kennesaw State Owls at NJIT Highlanders Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Under
- The Highlanders rank 130th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Owls rank 234th (32.9).
- NJIT averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 128th in the NCAA. Kennesaw State ranks 191st in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- NJIT ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Kennesaw State ranks 283rd (15.2).
- The Owls rank 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Highlanders rank 159th (4.3).
- NJIT ranks 11th in steals per game (8.5) while Kennesaw State ranks 120th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Highlanders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average).