The Kennesaw State Owls (4-13, 0-2 Asun) can end a nine-game road losing streak when they challenge the North Florida Ospreys (7-12, 1-1 Asun) at UNF Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Kennesaw State Owls vs. North Florida Ospreys ATS Preview
In the Owls last outing, they were beaten by the Jacksonville Dolphins, 65-58. Tyler Hooker had a good game for Kennesaw State, leading both teams in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Jacksonville held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.342 (below their season average of 0.494). Kennesaw State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-24; 79.2 percent).
The Ospreys come in on a high note after topping the Lipscomb Bisons in their last game, 102-96. North Florida’s Noah Horchler led the way, finishing with 16 points and 15 rebounds. The Ospreys made 24 of their 31 free throws (77.4 percent) and held the Bisons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below the 0.531 mark opponents have averaged against North Florida this season).
Points at the line could be rare for North Florida in this matchup. The Ospreys rank 334th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.175, while Kennesaw State ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.179).
Trip Day has really been playing well over the last five games for North Florida, averaging 14.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last game, the Owls won 85-68. The Owls played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.7 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1. For those same stats, the Ospreys put up marks of 21.8 and 22.9, respectively.
Kennesaw State Owls at North Florida Ospreys Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Under
- The Owls rank 171st in rebounds allowed per game (36.2) while the Ospreys rank 264th (42.0).
- Kennesaw State averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. North Florida ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- North Florida ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while Kennesaw State ranks 272nd (15.5).
- The Owls average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. The Ospreys rank 236th in assists allowed per game (17.4).
- Kennesaw State averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 67th in the nation. North Florida ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Ospreys average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average).