The No. 9 Kansas State Wildcats (24-11) go head-to-head against the No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats (26-10) in the Sweet Sixteen at Philips Arena. The Wildcats opened as a 6-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 138.5 points and it starts at 9:37 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. Kentucky had no trouble getting past the No. 13 Buffalo Bulls 95-75, while Kansas State beat the No. 16 UMBC Retrievers 50-43.
Kansas State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.250) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.420 (below their season average of 0.535). UMBC was 0.191 and 0.362, respectively, for those same stats. Kentucky, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.617 (above their season average of 0.517). Shai Gilgeous-Alexander led the way for Kentucky, contributing 27 points, six rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Kansas State was led by Makol Mawien, who put up 11 points and six rebounds.
Of Kansas State’s 32 games with betting action, 20 have finished under the projected point total. Kansas State comes into the contest with records of 24-11 straight up (SU) and 15-17 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Kansas State, games including Kentucky have typically finished over the O/U total (62.9 percent). Further, Kentucky owns records of 26-10 SU and 18-17-1 ATS.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has taken his game to another level recently for Kentucky, averaging 19.8 points, 6.2 assists and 2.0 steals over the last five games.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Kentucky Wildcats Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Kentucky ranks 35th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Kansas State ranks 306th (30.8).
- Kansas State ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Kentucky ranks 292nd (25.9).
- Kansas State ranks 18th in steals per game (7.9) while Kentucky ranks 177th (5.6).
- Kansas State ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Kentucky ranks 172nd (3.7).
- Kentucky’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, Kansas State has scored an average of 65.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average).