The Kansas State Wildcats (12-4, 2-2 Big 12) head to No. 12 Kansas to play the Jayhawks (13-3, 3-1 Big 12) in what should be a high-scoring game. Action begins at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Kansas Jayhawks Odds Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they defeated the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 86-82. Barry Brown was the games high scorer with 38 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Kansas State played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.538 (above their season average of 0.250) and a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 14.8). For those same stats, Oklahoma State was 0.339 and 13.3, respectively.
The Jayhawks come in on a high note after defeating the Iowa State Cyclones in their last matchup, 83-78. Kansas rallied around Malik Newman, who was the games high scorer with 27 points on 10-for-21 shooting. The Jayhawks forced 17 turnovers and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.582 vs. 0.530).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses go head-to-head. Kansas ranks 14th with 119.3 points per 100 possessions and Kansas State is 33rd (115.5).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Jayhawks won both games played against each other last season. In the last contest, Kansas won 74-71. Kansas had a better free throw rate (0.214 vs. 0.162). Kansas State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.5 vs. 27.3).
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Kansas Jayhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Under
- The Jayhawks rank seventh in assists per game (18.6) while the Wildcats rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- Kansas State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. Kansas ranks 53rd in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- Kansas ranks 104th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Kansas State ranks 248th (32.1).
- The Wildcats rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Jayhawks rank 232nd (25.4).
- Kansas ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.8) while Kansas State ranks 142nd (2.7).
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 16.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (8.7 above their season average).