The Kansas State Wildcats (20-9, 9-7 Big 12) will travel to Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena to meet the TCU Horned Frogs (20-9, 8-8 Big 12) in their home finale. TCU opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. TCU Horned Frogs Odds Preview
In the Wildcats’ last outing, they fell to the Oklahoma Sooners, 86-77. Kansas State’s Dean Wade finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Oklahoma had a free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.253). Kansas State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.9 vs. 17.5).
The Horned Frogs will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Baylor Bears in their last matchup, 82-72. Desmond Bane played well for TCU, finishing with 16 points and eight rebounds. TCU played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.420 (above their season average of 0.237) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.576). For those same stats, Baylor was 0.250 and 0.438, respectively.
TCU could own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Horned Frogs are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.0 percent. Meanwhile, Kansas State ranks 326th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.2 percent.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Kansas State games have finished under 61.5 percent of the time, while 67.9 percent of games featuring TCU have gone over. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (20-9 for Kansas State; 20-9 for TCU), but the Horned Frogs have the advantage against the spread (ATS). TCU is 15-12-1 ATS, while the Wildcats are 12-14.
Kouat Noi has been exceptional over the last five games for TCU, averaging 16.6 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 141 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 149. The Wildcats won 73-68, covering as 2-point favorites. Kansas State’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over TCU. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.608 while the Horned Frogs posted a mark of 0.500. Wade scored a game-high 20 points.
Kansas State Wildcats at TCU Horned Frogs Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 25th in the nation. The Horned Frogs rank 106th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- On the road, Kansas State is 6-7 ATS with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- At home, TCU is 9-7 ATS with 12 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- TCU ranks 100th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Kansas State ranks 280th (30.7).
- The Wildcats rank 82nd in assists allowed per game (12.4) while the Horned Frogs rank 260th (16.0).
- Kansas State ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while TCU ranks 182nd (4.3).
- TCU is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Kansas State is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Horned Frogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average).