Big 12 foes will collide when the Oklahoma State Cowboys (15-10, 5-7 Big 12) clash with the Kansas State Wildcats (17-8, 6-6 Big 12) at Gallagher-Iba Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 141.5 points with Oklahoma State opening as a 3.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Kansas State Wildcats at Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Preview
The Wildcats were blown out by the No. 7 Texas Tech Red Raiders in their last contest, 66-47. With 13 points on 4-for-12 shooting, Dean Wade was Kansas State’s high scorer. Texas Tech held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.322 (below their season average of 0.545). Kansas State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent).
In the Cowboys last game, they topped the No. 19 West Virginia Mountaineers, 88-85. Oklahoma State rallied around Cameron McGriff, who led the team in scoring with 20 points on 3-for-7 shooting. The Cowboys made 30 of their 36 free throws (83.3 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 33.5).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Oklahoma State in this showdown. The Cowboys rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Kansas State ranks 321st in defensive rebounding percentage (66.8 percent).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Kansas State games have gone under 68.2 percent of the time, while 68.2 percent of games including Oklahoma State have gone under. The Wildcats hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (17-8 vs. 15-10), but the Cowboys have been superior against the spread (ATS) (10-12 vs. 9-13).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 168 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 144. The Wildcats won 86-82, covering as 3-point favorites. The Wildcats played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.538 and a turnover percentage of 10.5. The Cowboys recorded marks of 0.339 and 13.3, respectively, for those same stats. Barry Brown Jr. scored a game-high 38 points.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats allow the 14th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while the Cowboys rank 52nd (2.8).
- Kansas State ranks 112th in assists per game (14.5) while Oklahoma State ranks 117th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- On the road, Kansas State is 5-6 ATS with 7 unders and 4 overs.
- Oklahoma State is 5-7 ATS at home with 10 unders and 2 overs.
- Oklahoma State ranks 93rd in rebounds per game (36.8) while Kansas State ranks 296th (30.2).
- The Wildcats rank 23rd in steals per game (7.9) while the Cowboys rank 136th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Oklahoma State ranks 82nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Kansas State ranks 141st in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- Oklahoma State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Kansas State is 1-4 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 55.4 points per game (17.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average).